Wednesday 1 August 2012

Potpourri by Paulo Coelho

  1. Love is an untamed force. When we try to control it, it destroys us. When we try to imprison it, it enslaves us. When we try to understand it, it leaves us feeling lost and confused.
  2. The simple things are also the most extraordinary things, and only the wise can see them.
  3. We can never judge the lives of others, because each person knows only their own pain and renunciation. It's one thing to feel that you are on the right path, but it's another to think that yours is the only path.
  4. A child can teach an adult three things: to be happy for no reason, to always be busy with something, and to know how to demand with all his might that which he desires.
  5. When I had nothing to lose, I had everything. When I stopped being who I am, I found myself.
  6. If I am really a part of your dream, you'll come back one day.
  7. Remember that wherever your heart is, there you will find your treasure.
  8. If pain must come, may it come quickly. Because I have a life to live, and I need to live it in the best way possible. If he has to make a choice, may he make it now. Then I will either wait for him or forget him.
  9. Passion makes a person stop eating, sleeping, working, feeling at peace. A lot of people are frightened because, when it appears, it demolishes all the old things it finds in its path.
  10. Nothing in the world is ever completely wrong. Even a stopped clock is right twice a day.
  11. People are capable, at any time in their lives, of doing what they dream of.

No comments:

Post a Comment