Sunday 11 December 2011

Quotes by Khalil Gibran


  1. If you love somebody, let them go, for if they return, they were always yours. If they don't, they never were.
  2. Beauty is not in the face; beauty is a light in the heart.
  3. I AM IGNORANT of absolute truth. But I am humble before my ignorance and therein lies my honor and my reward.
  4. Yesterday is but today's memory and tomorrow is today's dream.
  5. Ever has it been that love knows not its own depth until the hour of separation.
  6. Trees are poems the earth writes upon the sky, We fell them down and turn them into paper, That we may record our emptiness.
  7. Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared with scars.
  8. When you are sorrowful look again in your heart, and you shall see that in truth you are weeping for that which has been your delight.
  9. One day you will ask me which is more important? My life or yours? I will say mine and you will walk away not knowing that you are my life.
  10. Joy and sorrow are inseparable. . . together they come and when one sits alone with you . . remember that the other is asleep upon your bed.
  11. Generosity is giving more than you can, and pride is taking less than you need.
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment